Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tool#10

I enjoyed watching the videos of the kids using the itouch. It seemed to answer some questions I had about its possibilties, storage, and teaching the students responsibility using the machines.
I researched and played with ABA Flashcards. This app is specifically for Kindergarten students and will be very useful to them in the beginning of the year as we begin to learn letters and sounds. They can extend the knowledge they learned in the lesson to personal experience. A very important tool in making long term memory.
I also explored ABC Pocket Phonics Lite- letters and sounds and first words. Here the kids can experience with letters, sounds, and placing all of thsoe skills together to make words. In the beginning of Kindergarten this is a difficult task and I believe the itouch will make this transtion from letters to words more digestible.

No comments:

Post a Comment